Storylines Festival of New Zealand Children’s Writers and Illustrators
22-30 August 2015
“The [annual Storylines Festival] concept was adopted adopted in 1993 by the Children’s Book Foundation… now the Storylines Children’s Literature Charitable Trust, and has been developed through subsequent annual festivals.
The first Festival of New Zealand Children’s Writers and Illustrators was held in Auckland. Nearly 11,000 visitors came to the first free Family Day at the Auckland War Memorial Museum to hear their favourite authors read stories and to enjoy the illustrators’ painted mural and the Kids’ Lit Quiz. The Storylines Bus took authors to meet many more thousands of children in schools around the Auckland region.
The Storylines Festival includes free Family Days, principally targeted at families with children from age 3 to 12, across New Zealand’s major city’s with seminars for students, workshops for kids and story tours in Auckland and Northland. The festival is so popular that most events are booked out well in advance.
You can find out more about the festival at their website.
- Dunedin Family Day, Saturday 22 August
- Wellington Family Day, Sunday 23 August
- Christchurch Family Day, Sunday 23 August
- Northland Family Day, Kerikeri Saturday 29 August
- South Auckland Family Day, Saturday 29 August
- Auckland Family Day, Sunday 30 August
- Self Published Zone – application form
- Story Tours – more information and application form’s
- Books Alive – application form for schools and performance groups