- Photo prompts, these are great fun. Some are one-off like #maythe4thbewithyou and others will run for an entire month like#BooktoberFest
- Create your own prompt, it’s allowed. Look at how others are doing it, join in a few and then launch your own. Pick a topic that will bring in people relevant to your interest/theme etc, not something random.
- Comment, don’t just like. Likes are great, but comments are better. Again, it’s all about being part of the conversation.
- Ask questions when you post a new photo. Get people involved in your images by asking them a question like “have you ever done that, or is it just me?”, “Has anyone else got a similar photo to share?”
- Share your life, people want to peak into your windows and see how you live and work, so give them a little to keep them wanting more. This could be photos of your workspace, a blurry photo of your manuscript, the cafe you flee to on Thursday mornings, just make it a little personal without oversharing.
Bonus – If your muse has taken wing and headed out into the big blue room then scour Instagram images for a burst of fresh inspiration.