- Hashtag search, you can find a great range of topics to read about and engage in this way
- Twitter Chats – #IndieChat, #CreativeCoffeeHour, and #StorySocial to name a few
- Don’t just repost blog articles, try for something more personal like
hey .@blotsandspots loved your point about tweeting conversation links
- Get involved in the conversation, talk to people, don’t just like their post, comment on it
- Search for experts, this is a great way to find accurate information from professionals regarding a wide range of topics you might be using in your stories. Find a deep sea diver, a neurosurgeon, a barrister or a stay-at-home-mum by searching for those terms and then filtering through to people. It’s also a great way to network with other writers.
BONUS: Twitter conversations can make a great stand in for your MIA muse. Find a random tweet and use it as a story starter. This is a great way to find a new characters voice.